July is the month of history and I am considering how I can best explore it. I love history and have studied it quite extensively and given my not so great start at spirituality, I could make it have a religious/spiritual bent. And I do love religious history. Instead though, I think here is what I think I am going to do.
- Read one historical book – it has to have proper academia behind it.
- Use our national trust membership at least once a week. Ideally, it should be a place we have not been before, but I am not sure that will be possible. We have a few other things going on that we need to be in and around our home town for.
- Watch more history documentaries. I have been doing this anyway but still.
- Try to learn 1 new thing each week about a period of time in a place that I do not know a lot about. My husband has suggested exploring Asian history as I do not know much about that.
- Join the Archaeological Trust for our area so we can gain access to talks, etc.
- Go to the local museum as they have an exhibit I am particularly interested in.
I think that list is probably more than I will be able to do, but I’ll just see how it all goes. If I did a year on this one, there would still probably be more that I would want to do. I have spent the last month going to archaeological talks and there are so many historic places that I really want to visit. Maybe I will have to make next year’s discovery project all about history.